Monday, June 6, 2011

Day Three

Today was really eventful. I got to go see the Ruins at Citadel and they were amazing. I didn't know what to expect when I got there, but it was truly breathtaking in every sense of the word. You could feel the history in this place and for me that is one of the greatest things you can experience. That place had been home to so many different types of people. I mean it was the Roman city of Philadelphia. A massive statue to Hercules was built at this place. The museum that was there so different than any type of museum that you could ever imagine. This place held artifacts from the time of Moses all the way through the rise of Islam. That's a few thousand years of history in one small building. I took over a hundred pictures and I wish I would have taken more. The images of the old ruins are like nothing I have ever seen before. The view of the city from the ruins is something that I cannot put into words; the pictures I take don't do it justice. The city sits on seven hills, but the Citadel was built on a hill in the center of Amman, or Philadelphia, whichever you prefer. WOW! I don't know what else to say. I was at the ancient ruins of the Roman Empire. What else do I need to say? Also, I know this blog is a pretty short one, but it's late here and I have my first classes tomorrow. Plus, I didn't eat anything too interesting today. I mean, I did have some really good shwarma, but not much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment